Thursday 21 March 2013

Easter Eggstravaganza

Hi Folks, I hope all is well with you!

I've been testing out some ideas for this year's handmade Easter Eggs - not easy with a dodgy hip and even dodgier lighting!

Let's just say, my seasonal foray into chocolate egg making did not run smooth!

I prepared the moulds; tempered some Strawberry flavoured Chocolate and set about piping the decorative front 'windows' - not too shabby, even if I say so myself!

I then added the sparkles and dolly mixtures and fixed them in place, then added the chocolate decoration to the alternative, 'swirl' egg - my hip twinged from standing in same position too long - the mould slipped and chocolate went everywhere - this one can definitely be described as a little shabby!

Determined to persevere, I tempered the contrast white chocolate and set about finishing the eggs.

This bit went very wrong. My hip was complaining loudly, the light above me bust at the crucial moment, which made me jump, so chocolate went everywhere, I dropped a shell and a few choice words were muttered...something like 'Oh gosh' as I recall, though I may be remembering that wrong! ;-)

My efforts ended with a substantial clean-up operation, me feeling more than just a little queasy from licking all the chocolate off my hands...well, shame to just waste it...and these little beauties...

 
 
 
I've made some more, refined the method (and made sure the lights are working!)  and started putting them on the website for sale.
 
I have taken the decision to sell them in plain cellophane wrap with a pretty bow. We throw away so much useless packaging at this time of year and it only adds to the product overheads, making it that much more expensive to purchase, so I thought I'd do my bit and save on both waste and cost for everyone.
 
I hope you like...


No comments:

Post a Comment