Wednesday 6 March 2013

Introducing 'Pots of Passion'

Welcome to my first ever blog!

Please bear with me - I know not what I am doing...no honestly...I really don't!

First things first, let me introduce myself - my name is Judy. I live near Canterbury in Kent, but I grew up in Gloucestershire on the edge of the Wye Valley - the accent has stayed with me, so if our paths should ever cross, don't be alarmed by the West Country wench who greets you!

I escaped from the 9 to 5 world of office drudgery to create a small foodie business called Pots of Passion, offering a whole range of handmade artisan foods, including flavoured cheeses, preserves, hot chocolate spoons, homemade fudge, cookies and many more delights to tickle your tastebuds.

I run the business by myself - no partners - no hired help.

However, at this juncture, I feel I should give special mention to my long-suffering daughter Naomi, who regularly comes home from work to find me up to my eyeballs in chocolate, cookies, hot chocolate spoons, paperwork, or dealing with some difficulty which has arisen that day and getting stressed. At this point, she usually gets on with making us a meal, doing the chores and calmly dealing with the essentials.

Naomi often spends her evenings cutting labels etc. to help me out. She sometimes comes with me to events in order to provide a second pair of hands when we know it's going to be a busy show too...so I cordially invite you to join me in putting your hands together in a show of appreciation for her able support!

During show season, I travel all around this beautiful Isle in my beat up old Betsy, attending a whole range of fairs, country shows, charity fundraisers, etc., selling my wares and meeting lots of lovely, interesting people along the way, so I thought I'd start writing about my adventures. I hope you enjoy reading my tales of one woman taking on the world.

I do hope you will come and take a look at my goodies at www.potsofpassion.co.uk and join me on my travels...it should be fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment